Wednesday 7 March 2012

Under-rated and Over-rated songs

These are my opinions as to what are ABBA's most under-rated and over-rated songs.

UNDER-RATED SONGS:

1. Move On (This is ABBA's biggest masterpiece, in my opinion.  Nobody ever talks about it.  That is a real shame.)
2. The Piper (I have never understood why people love to hate this song, it's mystical, seductive, and beautiful.)
3. Hamlet III (Parts 1 & 2) (This is IMO the real masterpiece on the Undeleted Medley, not Just Like That.)
4. One Man One Woman (This non-single was better than most of their singles, IMO).
5. So Long (This is actually one of their better songs.  It is constantly regarded as a flop, but it actually did have potential to be a decent rock song).


OVER-RATED SONGS:

1. Waterloo (Yeah, I know it was their Eurovision song, but really, it ain't that great)
2. Just Like That (There really is nothing much to this song, and its lyrics are rubbish)
3. Thank You For The Music (Good song, but often it's one of the few songs people really know, blinding them to how much more ABBA has to offer)
4. Dancing Queen (As with Thank You For The Music, a great song, but often it's one of the few ABBA songs people really know)
5. Voulez-Vous (I have to admit, although this song has grown on me a bit, it struck me as odd when I first heard it, it was too over-complex, I couldn't get my head around it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment